[Edit 16/10/2014 - This article was edited to include the quest rewards from the Iron Horde invasion chain, making this process much easier]
The new limited time event version of UBRS has an average ilvl requirement of 510. I thought I’d put together the easiest way to that level for alts.
- Head to Townlong Steppes VP vendor and buy ilvl 489 Head (375g). Other slots are available but we’ll be replacing them in due course.
- Complete the Iron Horde Invasion. This rewards ilvl 515 ring, cloak and neck and a ilvl 520 trinket. The cloak and neck are useful upgrades but will ultimately be replaced.
- Visit the Timelost Isle. gather 20,000 coins and drops for shoulder, feet and hands. Other slots are useful but will ultimately be replace. If you get a burden to upgrade to ilvl 535 apply first to a shoulder, foot or hand slot. But the ilvl 489 weapons
- Go to Isle of Thunder. Purchase the ilvl 522 neck from the Shado-Pan Assault
- Grind Shado-pan rep up to friendly (Kill Throne of Thunder trash then one boss to take you to Friendly), purchase the ilvl 522 Chest, Waist, Legs, Wrist, Finger, Trinket and Cloak from Shado-pan Assault at Friendly rep
If you have a 2H weapon completing the above steps will give you an average ilvl of 511.8 which is 27 individual ilvls about the 510 requirement.
If you have a MH/OH combination the above steps will give you an average ilvl of 510.4 which is 6 individual ilvls about the 510 requirement.
Please note the following additional options
Additional levels can be obtained methods:
- +4 ilvl per item upgrades (50 lesser charms). All items in the above section can be upgraded at least twice (4 times with the weapons).
- +39 ilvl each for head, feet, finger and hands upgraded timelost drops (535). It is relatively simple to get a couple of these when starting on the isle
- +13 for all other upgraded timelost drops (535)
Alternative gear with slightly lower item levels is also available.
- -7 ilvl each using a VP shoulder, feet, or hands instead of a Timeless BoA droptime (489 ilo 496)
Consider the possibility of getting drops in ToT. All normal drops equivalent to best possible items in this guide (ilvl 522). LFR items ilvl 502 and may or may not be sufficient depending upon slot.
Rings and trinkets are generally limited to only one item per source.
Timeless armors can be upgraded to 535 if you have an upgrade token.
All items can be upgraded with by at least 8 levels.
Head – 489 – Townlong VP vendor
Neck – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Neutral
Shoulders – 496 – Timelost Drop
Chest – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Waist – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Legs – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Feet – 496 – Timelost Drop
Hands – 496 – Timelost Drop
Wrist – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Finger 1 – 515 – Iron Horde Invasion
Finger 2 – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Trinket 1 – 520 – Iron Horde Invasion
Trinket 2 – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Back – 522 – Shado-Pan Assault – Friendly
Weapon – 489 – Timelost purchase
(Weapon 2 – 489 – Timelost purchase)
I once had an OH and MH that were approximately ilvl472. The rest of my gear was around 500. Replacing the OH and MH with a 2H downgrade of ilvl463 actually increased my ilvl because I only had one undergeared slot instead of two.